You will need an extra nozzle for Excelsior's EN-610 Epoxy Nose Filler Adhesive or Roppe's 5100 Tread Nose Compound Adhesive if you do not use all of the epoxy at one time.
NOTE: One nozzle is included with each 2-part epoxy adhesive. Keep your original twist-on cap.
Extra Detailed Instructions
- Take off the twist-on cap. The two cylinders are already open. (You will not need to puncture the cylinders.)
- Pull off the small metal disc from the twist-on cap.
- Pull out the two-prong plastic plug.
- Firmly seat the blending nozzle onto the cartridge.
- Secure the blending nozzle to the cartridge by re-attaching the twist-on cap.
- Now the nozzle is secure.
- Cut off the tip of the nozzle to the second ring for a 1/4-inch bead.
- Apply slow and steady pressure. (The blending nozzle creates back-pressure, so a slow application of pressure is important.)
- Warmer conditions will cause the adhesive to have a softer consistency; colder conditions will cause the adhesive to have a stiff consistency. (At 80 degree, expect the two adhesives will have a consistency like cold syrup.)
- Do not use the first 6 inches of adhesive from the blending nozzle.
- See the label for more details.