Karastan Commercial milled a beautiful tip-sheared nylon which we were pleased to install for our client over Tred-MOR cushion. The law firm's exquisite furnishings deserved a match in carpet quality, but with a subtlety which would not compete. A light-colored carpet lays in jeopardy in most commercial applications, but these offices of legal acumen captured the ambience of an art gallery, and the light beige magnified the sense of spaciousness compounded by the soaring view of downtown from 100 North Tampa, our tallest skyscraper.
Soft Surface: Contract Carpet
- Manufacturer: The Mohawk Group
- Brand: Karastan Commercial
- Collection: Telling Spaces
- Style: Humble KC227
- Color: 731 Exploration
- Fiber: Colorstrand® SD Nylon
- Construction: Tufted Patterned Tip Shear
- Face Weight: 36 Ounce/SY
- Backing: Unibond® Plus
- Pattern Repeat: 18" (W) x 36.75" (L)
- Format: Tufted Broadloom
- Life Expectancy: 15 Years
- Install Method: Double-stick Installation
- Cushion: 80-ounce Tred-MOR 2580 cushion with 1/4-inch thickness
Transition to Marble: The existing marble tile had a discreet metal protective edge with a minimal reveal. We ramped the concrete substrate and stretched the carpet directly to the marble for a smooth, elegant threshold.
Schedule: We provided all furniture handling to successfully complete the entire carpet replacement over an extended weekend.